Do you ever have leftover cake? Here’s a really easy way to keep leftover cake from drying out and to make it delicious and fun: Chocolate Cake Balls!
- Leftover Cake (no matter what kind)
- Cream Cheese (whatever kind you have, I used leftover Mascarpone)
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- 100-200g of Chocolate (finely chopped)
- Sprinkles or Almonds (or whatever you want to top them with)
Crumble the cake. Add cream cheese and mix in, depending on how dry your cake already is you can add more or less cream cheese. The mixture should be moist and malleable but not sticky. Depending on the sweetness of the mixture, sweeten further with powdered sugar.
Shape the dough into balls.
In a seperate bowl, add 2/3 of your chocolate. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Take out of the microwave every 20 seconds and mix until the chocolate is melted and hot to the touch. Mix in the rest of the chocolate.
Take your dough balls and dip into the chocolate. Set aside on a baking paper.
Sprinkle with chopped almonds or sprinkles and let cool until the chocolate is set – and enjoy!